The 10th European Conference on Hospital Engineering will take place in conjunction with the 63rd IHF study and training days in PARIS - Palais des Congrès de Paris - Porte Maillot from 14 to 16 June 2023.
The event is organised by the Ingénieurs Hospitaliers de France (IHF - Hospital Engineers of France) on behalf of the European branch of the International Federation of Hospital Engineering (IFHE EU) and there will also be a trade fair with exhibitors including suppliers, industrial firms, architects, technical design offices, consultants, etc.
On the programme, there will be 30 conferences lasting 30 minutes (20-minute presentation + 10-minute discussion) which will take place during 2 plenary sessions on Wednesday afternoon, and 8 workshops during two parallel sessions on Thursday and Friday morning alongside several innovation forums.
The whole event and its associated documents will be in French and English and there will be simultaneous interpreting for all the conferences.
The conference speakers selected will receive free registration for the whole Conference, and their travel expenses in economy class and one night at a hotel will be covered.
The conference speakers selected must submit the written paper corresponding to their presentation by 1 April 2023, which must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words long with illustrations, graphs and diagrams, etc.
This paper will be translated by the organisation into the second language, to be published in the Book of Records (English and French version).
They must also provide their presentation by 15 May 2023 at the latest which will also be translated into the second language to be made available on the dedicated website.
Any themes relating to the field of hospital engineering in the broad sense may be addressed, in particular (non-exhaustive list):
- Management of hospital assets
- Technical maintenance and operation
- Hospitals and digital technology (CMMS, BMS, BIM, IS, AI, Smart hospital and connected objects)
- Architectural and technical design
- CSR, sustainable development and climate change resilience
- Energy and the low carbon transition
- COVID-19 pandemic: feedback and lessons
- Project management across the whole process
- Contract and procedural management and legal security
- Management, certifications, quality and risk management
- Technical equipment
- Cooperation between hospitals; international cooperation
- Medical-social sector
- Hospital hygiene
- Flow management
To contribute to the ongoing education of hospital engineers and other hospital engineering stakeholders through shared experience, discussions between professionals and presentations of innovations, enhanced by the European scope of this exceptional event.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS
We must receive the abstracts for your speeches by 26 September 2022.
- Abstracts in A4 format must include the proposed title of the conference and 100 to 500-word text describing the main points of the content of the proposed presentation, which must address one of the main issues in hospital engineering listed above. They must be accompanied by the curriculum vitae of the conference speaker(s) with the title, email address and position of the conference speaker(s).
- Submissions including all the documents requested above must be sent by email to email@example.com, copying in: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A conference can only be presented by two speakers maximum.
- Presentations of a commercial or promotional nature for a product, a proprietary process or a company will be systematically excluded. These may potentially be included in the innovation forums.
- The planned duration of each speech is 20 minutes with 10 extra minutes to answer the trainees’ and audience’s questions.
- Candidates whose proposal is selected by the scientific committee will be informed by the end of November 2022.
The factors that will be considered for the selection are as follows:
- The interest of the abstract for an audience of hospital engineers and stakeholders in hospital engineering at European level
- Its relevance in relation to the themes mentioned above that are representative of the issues facing hospital engineering and the objective of ongoing education
- The innovative nature or interest of the feedback
- The scientific/professional value of the abstract
- The clarity of the abstract
- The position and professional and/or academic experience of the conference speakers
Monday 4 April 2022 - Opening of abstract submissions
Monday 26 September 2022 - Closure of abstract submissions
End of November 2022 - Notification to candidates selected by the scientific committee
Monday 3 April 2023 - Deadline for sending the finalized abstract (8 lines maximum) and the written paper corresponding to the presentation (between 1,500 and 3,000 words with illustrations and graphs).
Monday 8 May 2023 - Deadline for sending the speech Powerpoint®
By applying, you undertake to provide the abstract and the paper of your speech within the required deadlines and you agree to the latter and the PowerPoint® presentation of your speech being published in the Book of Records in their original language and a translated version and published online on the website www.eche-paris2023.com
The conference speakers selected will have the following expenses paid:
- registration for all the Conference days,
- lunch on the site on the day of their speech,
- a night at a hotel booked by the organiser,
- transport costs from their home for a return trip in economy class by plane or train and urban public transport, on providing the receipts.
If you wish to obtain more information concerning this announcement, please contact:
Jacques Roos - Coordinator of the scientific committee of IHF study and training days: email@example.com